The Texas Railroad Commission offers numerous ways to search wells online but finding the search portal can be a bit of a challenge for a lot of people. I wanted share what I believe to be one of the easiest ways to search for drilling permits for Texas wells online. Whether you are an industry professional, land owner, mineral or royalty owner or simply someone who wants to do some research on new wells and drilling permits, this is the place to start. There are numerous services that charge for this type of data, but the fact is, the Texas Railroad Commission provides the data at no charge to the user. Here is the link:
Online Drilling Permits
There are numerous uses for the online query of Texas drilling permits. Maybe you have made some type of investments in oil or gas and want to check on the status of a drilling permit or maybe you would like to see what kind of drilling activity is happening in your area. Either way, this search can provide you with current information about new oil and gas well drilling.
When you visit the Texas Railroad Commission online drilling permit search system, you will be able to search by the following criteria:
- Look up oil and gas wells by drilling permit number.
- Search drilling permits by API number.
- Search drilling permits by RRC district number.
- Search drilling permits by operator name.
- Search drilling permits by operator number.
- Search drilling permits by lease number
- Search drilling permits by well type such as oil well or gas well.
- Search drilling permits by date.
Although there are additional search criteria you can use to narrow your results, the format is simple and easy to use. Here is a screenshot of the online search portal from the Texas Railroad Commission.